Racebred Components Front Splitter Blades are designed and CNC cut from resin-impregnated birch honeycomb material. With extensive research and testing across the board with abs plastics, aluminum composites, and carbon fiber, we have found that the strength, shear characteristics, and overall replacement costs outweighed the competition. Used by racers around the world in NASA, SCCA, NASCAR, and World Challenge, birch has stood the test of time and has continued to be a competitive material for decades. All splitters are fire retardant, waterproof, and uv resistant and feature a honeycomb face and a smooth black bottom.
Why not abs plastic, aluminum composites or carbon fiber? Aren't they lighter and stronger? Yes and no. These materials may be lighter, however during a off road excursion or crash, abs plastic and aluminum have a structure that will deflect impact and not break - as a result, get caught beneath your vehicle and cause extensive damage to your frame, bumper, fenders, and possible DNF you from your competition. Carbon Fiber is extremely strong and lightweight, however the cost of replacement may be 4-6 times the price of other materials and is less desirable.
- CAD Designed & CNC Cut/Beveled
- 1/2" Thick Resin-Impregnated Birch Honeycomb
- Requires no splitter rods for 3in blade
- Fire retardant, waterproof, and uv resistant
- Cost Effective and easily replaceable
- Strong, wear resistant, and exceptional shear characteristics
- Splitter Blades available in 2in or 3in sizes
- CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!
Splitter lengths are measured from the center of the lowest part of the front bumper or lip.*